Are you a cardamom type of a person? Then you will absolutely love these Pistachio Rose Water Shortbread Cookies. These shortbread cookies are infused with rose water, pistachio, and cardamom. The cookies are then dipped in chocolate to add a little decadence.
The cardamom spice and rose water in this cookie adds a level of depth to the cookies. The chopped pistachios adds a texture to the cookie and really compliments all the deep flavors!
These cookies are super quick to make! They are easy to decorate beautifully, and I promise your guests will love them!
Pistachio Rose Water Shortbread Cookies
- 10 tbsp room temp butter (2-3 hours out of the fridge)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp rose water
- 1/2 cup sifted powered sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 cup all purpose flour + more for rolling out dough
- 2 tbsp finely chopped pistachios
- 1 tsp cardamom
For Garnish (optional):
- 1/2 cup melted chocolate
- 1 tbsp rose tea leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped pistachios
- Cream the room temperature butter, vanilla extract, and rose water in a stand mixer on low speed.
- Mix in the sifted powdered sugar and salt into butter mixture until combined. Mix in the flour, pistachios, and cardamom into the mixture. Combine until large crumbs texture is achieved.
- Using your hands, form the dough into a disk. Refrigerate dough for an hour to chill.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Flour your mat and roll out the dough about 1/4-inch thick. Using a cookie cutter, cut out as many cookies as possible. (Re-roll dough and repeat as necessary).
- Place cookies on a greased baking sheet, spaced 1 inch apart. Bake for 10 - 11 minutes (just until the bottom starts to get golden brown) and cool on a wire rack.
- After cookies are completely cooled, dip them in chocolate and garnish with rose and pistachios.