If you love pesto, you will love this Hatch Green Chile Pesto Pasta! It is a super quick and easy meal to make. With just a handful of ingredients, this pesto pasta becomes a perfect dinner recipe!
The pesto has cilantro, garlic, lime juice, hatch green chiles, cheese, pine nuts, and olive oil in it. Just quickly blend all the ingredients, and voila you have a great tasting pesto. Toss the pasta and veggies with the pesto, and your meal is complete!
This hatch chile pesto pasta is full of mouth punching flavors that all compliment one another! I hope you enjoy this quick and easy meal!
Hatch Green Chile Pesto Pasta
- 16 oz box of pasta
- 1 tsp salt (for pasta water)
- 1 medium sized zucchini, diced
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup corn, fresh or frozen
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup hatch chile cheese, finely shredded (sub: pepper jack cheese)
- 4 hatch green chiles, fresh
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves (loosely packed)
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley (loosely packed)
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup hatch chile cheese, finely shredded (sub: pepper jack cheese)
For the Pesto:
- Grill the hatch chiles on each side until completely charred. Transfer charred chiles to a bowl and cover for about 10 minutes. (Be careful to not burn yourself).
- Remove the charred skin off the chile peppers. Blend all the ingredients until pesto is combined. Set aside.
For the Pasta:
- In a large pot, bring 4 quarts of water to a boil. Season water with salt and cook the pasta according to box.
- In a skillet pan, heat oil and garlic on medium to high heat for 1 minute. Add onion, zucchini, and corn into the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes. (You want the zucchini to have a slight bite).
- Add pasta and 1 cup of the pesto into the skillet pan. Stir and top with cheese. Serve immediately!