One of my favorites for summer is the classic southern Peach Iced Tea! This Peach Iced Tea comes together super fast with only a handful of ingredients! The best part is that you can control the sugar intake as well! I love my peach iced tea super peachy and iced-cold! This tea is very peachy and delicious! It is a real thirst-quencher for the hot weather and perfect for your next BBQ! The peach flavor is super refreshing and the touch of honey adds a little extra hint of sweetness! You can even spike this tea with vodka or whiskey to give the drink a little adult flare! And who doesn’t love a refreshing cocktail in the summer?!
Yields: 6-8 servings
For the Simple Syrup:
2 ripe peaches
3/4 cup of granulated sugar
1 tbsp of honey
1 cup of water (filtered)
For the Tea:
2 tea bags (use more tea bags if you prefer your tea stronger)
6 cups of water (filtered)
* Add 1 oz. of vodka to each serving for a spiked version!
1. For the simple syrup, combine all the ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Lower the heat once the mixture is boiling to low-medium heat and using a wooden spoon, smash the peaches. Let the syrup cook for about 10 minutes. Let the syrup cool. (At this point, taste and add more sugar if desired).
2. In a large pot or tea pot, brew your tea with the water. Brew for about 3-4 minutes.
3. Once the tea is brewed, remove the tea bags and transfer tea to a pitcher.
4. Strain your peaches out of the simple syrup and add syrup to the pitcher of tea. Stir and taste. Add more sugar or water if needed. Add in vodka if desired (1oz. per serving so about 6 oz. or you can do this individually when you serve!)
5. Store in the refrigerator for about 2 hours or until desired temperature! Serve and enjoy!