Chocolate molten lava cakes are a show stopper for an evening dessert. They are decadent and perfect for a special evening. I love to make these for date night! And I like to make variations of chocolate molten lava cakes. This one is a mint chocolate molten lava cake! It has punches of mint with melted chocolate in the middle of the cake.
The cooling mint really adds a depth of flavor. The cake is super moist (yes I used that word! Sorry!), and melts in your mouth! This lava cake is the BEST and comes together SO QUICK! With a few ingredients you can have a decadent dessert that all your guest will enjoy (or you can enjoy them all for yourself, there are no judgements passed here)!
Yields: 4 mini lava cakes
16 Andes Candy (or any mint chocolate bar)
1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
6 tbsp of butter
2 large eggs (room temp)
2 large egg yolks
2 tbsp of flour
1/2 tsp of salt
Ice Cream (optional)
* If you don’t want to use Andes Candy, use 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips (as opposed to the 1/2 cup above) + 1 tsp peppermint extract + 1/2 cup of sugar.
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Melt butter, mint chocolate candies, and chocolate chips in a bowl in the microwave for 45 seconds or until melted. (Alternately use a double boiler to melt the chocolate if desired). Let this cool for a minute or two.
3. Whisk eggs in a mixing bowl, and add in chocolate mixture. Add in remaining ingredients and mix until combined.
4. Grease 4 ramekins (you can lightly flour them if desired). Divide the batter evenly and place in the oven for 10-12 minutes. (Do the toothpick test on the outer layer of the cake to check if its cooked). Note: the rim of the cake will be cooked and the middle will be soft.
5. Let the cakes cool for 2-3 minutes. Place a plate over the ramekin and flip upside down. Let it sit for a minute and then remove the ramekin using oven gloves. (Be careful, it will still be hot). Top with Ice Cream (optional) and Serve immediately!