Who doesn’t love a good donut? These cake donuts here are the best! They are loaded with sprinkles and dunked in the BEST chocolate glaze you will ever have! These donuts are so fun for celebrating!
Yields: 16-18 donuts
2-1/2 cups of cake flour (sub: all-purpose flour)
1-1/2 cups of sugar
2 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp of salt
2 medium eggs
1/4 cup of olive oil (sub: for canola oil)
1/2 tbsp of vanilla extract
1 tsp of almond extract
1 cup of buttermilk
1 cup of sprinkles
1-1/2 cup of powdered sugar
4 tbsp of unsweetend cocoa powder
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1/4 cup of milk
2 tbsp of butter
10 squares of dark chocolate (I used Hershey’s)
1 tbsp of water
1. Whisk all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. In a separate mixing bowl, beat the eggs with oil, extracts, buttermilk and sprinkles. Mix the combined dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
2. Grease a donut tray thoroughly. Pour batter into a piping bag and cut a small tip of the corner of the bag. Fill the donut tray about 3/4ths way full.
3. Bake at 350F for about 14-16 minutes (the rims of the donuts should be golden brown). Cool for about 15-20 minutes prior to removing from donut tray and glazing.
4. For the glaze: In a mixing bowl, combine the powdered sugar and cocoa powder, and then add in the milk and vanilla extract. Stir for about 2 minutes or until the mixture is combined.
5. In a separate bowl, melt the butter with chocolate squares and water for about a minute in the microwave. Stir and microwave for another 30 seconds if the mixture is not fully melted. Pour the chocolate into the powdered sugar mixture. Whisk together until the texture is smooth and shiny.