Lemon is one of the brightest flavors for desserts. I love anything lemony in a dessert. It also pairs really well with other fruits like strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, all the berries really! This cake punches the perfect lemon flavor. This lemon cake has a crunchy pistachio topping, that compliments the moist texture of the cake. If you love lemon, then this the best lemon cake you will taste! This lemon cake is made with olive oil, which adds a little extra richness to the cake! The lemon glaze has a hint of lemon zest and lemon extract that really makes compliments the cake!
2 cups of cake flour
1-1/2 cup of granulated sugar
1 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp of salt
1-1/3 cup of milk
1 cup of olive oil
3 large eggs
1 tbsp of lemon extract (use fresh lemon juice as a substitute)
1 tbsp of fresh lemon zest
1 cup of powdered sugar
1 tsp of lemon extract
1 tbsp of heavy cream
2 tbsp of chopped pistachios
1 tsp of lemon zest
1. Preheat oven to 325F. In a mixing bowl, whisk all the wet ingredients together until fully combined.
2. In a separate mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Add the combined dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
3. Heavily grease a bundt pan (or for a loaf pan grease and line the pan), and pour batter evenly. Bake for 30-35 minutes or the toothpick comes out clean.
4. Let the cake cool for an hour on a wire rack. If using a bundt pan, flip the cake onto cake stand (if using a loaf pan, carefully slide the cake out).
5. Once cake is completely cooled, pour icing on the cake. Garnish with pistachios.
* Toothpick test: Poke a toothpick into the loaf, and if it comes out clean, then it’s ready!