These double chocolate chip brownie cookies are a mouth full to say, but they are everything you love about a cookie and a brownie. These cookies are gooey, chewy, and chocolatey. And who doesn’t love double the chocolate? Double the chocolate, double the fun!
I find these cookies to be a quick dessert for entertaining. The dough can be made ahead of time or even the night before. This way you just have to pop them in the oven when you are ready. They bake up in less than 15 minutes, and leave your house smelling chocolatey goodness.
8 Tbsp of butter (bring to room temp for about 30 minutes)
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
1 cup of light brown sugar
1 large egg
1-1/4 cup of flour
1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1/4 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of flake sake + more for top if desired
* You can utilize 1/2 cup of granulated sugar with 1/2 of light brown sugar if desired.
1. Cream butter and vanilla extract on low speed in your stand mixer for 2 minutes. You want to reach a creamy texture. (You can use a hand mixer as well).
2. Add brown sugar to the mixture and mix on low o medium speed until combined.
3. Add in egg and mix until well combined.
4. Add in flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until the dough starts to form.
5. Fold in Chocolate chips until combined.
6. Chill the dough for an hour. You can skip this step if desired. Chilling the dough helps with the shape of the cookie. The flavor isn’t effected.
7. Preheat oven to 350F. Line and grease two baking sheets with parchment paper. Scoop out cookie dough using a cookie scooper and place 2 inches apart. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the cookies start to crisp on the edges.
8. Cool the cookies on a cooking rack. Note: the cookies cook a little more once they are cooling. Sprinkle salt flakes while warm and enjoy!